Well, this morning's visit to the Uffizi was pretty cool. I'm not sure it rises to the level of being awesome because I only got to see works of art by three out of four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Rafael. But seriously, the Uffizi is a gigantic art museum and houses one of the best art collections in the world (or so I'm told). I got to see a lot of very impressive pieces and thankfully more than just the usual Italian collection of different painters' versions of the Virgin Mary holding baby Jesus. If you're ever in Florence, the Uffizi art gallery is a can't miss. We weren't allowed to take any pictures so I don't have anything to show you from that. But I do still owe you some pictures from the top of the Duomo so that you believe I was actually there. Here they are:
Tonight, shortly after I finish writing this blog in fact, a large group of us is going out to a nicer Florence restaurant that is known for large portions and delicious steaks. I will be sure to report back with my impressions. Some kind of culinary miracle is going to be needed to increase my appreciation for Florence and Italian foods. Thus far, it's only been satisfactory. I expected to be wowed. That's my challenge to you, Florence chefs. If you can't stand the heat, let me get the hell out of your country.
That's really all I got for today; short and sweet. Just like me right? Ha, just playin'... Ciao!
That's really all I got for today; short and sweet. Just like me right? Ha, just playin'... Ciao!
1 comment:
Mr. Gelato,
Be sure to inquire with Mauro Giusti to get his recommendations on good restaurants in downtown Florence. I am pretty sure that attempting to decipher this information on your own will tend to point you in the direction of restaurants who provide favors to those who do the recommending.
Perhaps Firenze has been americanized to the extent that you have come to appreciate our Italian restaurant chains.
Find a restaurant with profiteroles and I imagine that you will find culinary delights in your quest!
BTW- Mauro's son Leonardo was born in Italy and came to the states with Mauro when he worked for Lilly around 92-94. His son Lorenzo was born shortly after their arrival and hence has dual citizenship (US/Italy). Not sure about his youngest. Leonardo was probably 4-5 years old when you met him.
Ciao.
Pedro
Post a Comment