This is my last blog from Italy and it's gonna be short one. I finished with exams about two hours ago and what a miserable marathon that was. Taking three law school exams over a period of six hours is not fun. Hopefully after this summer abroad experience, I never have to take multiple law exams in one day ever again. It was terrible.
Nevertheless, I think I did pretty well. Not that it really matters because my grades won't transfer back to IU with me, but it feels good to have (hopefully) done well. I will say though that my hand and wrist are unbelievably sore. I can't wait to get back to the friendly confines of an American law school so I can type my exams. Writing non-stop for that long can't be healthy. Unfortunately, I have to do it all over again in four weeks. Oh well.
So tonight is our program's big send off at Villa Viviani. The soiree begins at 7:30 p.m. and I'm not sure quite how late it runs. We are to be served a five course meal and beverages. We've also been told that Villa Viviani was the residence of Mark Twain in the 19th century. I'm not sure how much of that I believe, but I guess I'll have to wait and see before passing judgment. After that I'm coming back here to sleep before getting up bright and early to catch my 7:15 a.m. flight to Amsterdam. To make that flight I have to get up at...gulp... 4:30 a.m. I'm gonna be a tired soul wandering around Amsterdam tomorrow. Should be fun. I'll take some pictures and post them sometime in the near future.
Lastly, I just want to say arrivederci to Firenze. You've been my home for the last four weeks and you've treated me well. Sure you served me average food with less than average service. Sure all your sidewalks are covered with piles of dog poop and pee. Sure there's that unmistakable smell of body odor mixing with weeks-old garbage. But you also gave me the Duomo, the Palazzo and Ponte Vecchio, Michelangelo's David, the Uffizi, and a ridiculous amount of delicious gelato. I will miss you Firenze. Not as much as you will miss me and my American money, but I will miss you nonetheless. I will also miss all the people who have participated in this program. It's been real. It really reminds me of freshman year living in a dorm. Everybody's living in one building and people can just wander down to the lobby to find someone to go eat or drink with. Fun was never more than a few flights of stairs away. To the city of Firenze, the country of Italy, and my fellow classmates...until next time, ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations. Practice a slight amount of moderation tonite.
I do recall flights from Brussels to Firenze that actually did a stop and go in the mountains of northern Italy. I had never experienced a last minute aborted landing that had have the passengers looking for the barf bags. If only, he did have to keep trying until he could get it right so that he could deplane passengers holding that as a final destination.
This airfield made the Firenze airport look like Ohare!
Anyway congratulations on completing your first set of courses. Have fun in northern Italy and enjoy some Belgian chocolates and German lagers!
Ciao.
Pedro
Post a Comment