Happy 4th of July! I'm not really sure what you say for this holiday. Happy Independence Day! That doesn't really sound right either. I wish I could be back in the states to drink beer, grill out, and enjoy a fireworks show. Instead I get to spend all day on a bus. We were told this morning by our professor that the trip might take 10-11 hours if traffic is bad. That's a long time to spend on a bus. Again, thank God I brought a bottle of wine. Funny little story though, the bus driver actually stopped some people that he saw trying to bring on already opened containers of booze. Then he made an announcement over the PA system that drinking was not allowed; only the driver is allowed to drink. Hmmm... That's not gonna stop us. We're enterprising law students for pete's sake.
The other reason we need to drink: the wife of our really old professor has allegedly said that she doesn't want us watching any movies. The bus is equipped with a DVD player and a couple TVs, but she won't allow it. Supposedly, she said that us watching a movie violates her right not to be subjected to our movie choice. The ride would be so much better if we could watch a couple movies, especially if we could watch some comedies. Somebody wanted to watch Wedding Crashers, but that would definitely offend the old lady.
Okay, well I have to get going. I have another hour of class and then it's on to Salzburg and then Vienna. Bring it on Austria.
In honor of America's freedom from England, I have decided to post a little music video that brings back fond memories and always makes me laugh. If you've never seen it before, don't take it seriously. Just laugh at how ridiculous it is and sing along. It's not too hard to get the words down, because there are none.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck on your busride and your trip to see Hitler's eagle's nest. That was a nice dose of history to those of us sitting here in the States celebrating our independence. It really is quite interesting to realize that our country is in it's infancy, yet we have evolved beyond many of the countrie's of our descendants in less than 250 years.
Perhaps it is because we have blended so many cultures and have abandoned some of the stereotypes of our European ancestors. (German, French, etc.).
So many pictures of draft beers, you are making me thirsty- we will toast you back in Indiana as we enjoy our 4th of July celebrations.
A very interesting choice of wine for the bus trip- I wouldn't have pictured you as the type to choose such dry wines. I noticed the Macon on the label- hopefully that didn't enter into your choice of Pinot Noir!
Au Revoir,
Pierre
Post a Comment